Ok, whose bright idea was it to expose me to all these engrossing & time consuming new technical toys? I'm a librarian, people... I have hundreds or thousands of books at my house that I now feel compelled to share with the LibraryThing world. How am I going to find the time to do that?
Hmmm, maybe I can locate and bookmark helpful sites during my work breaks, use Del.icio.us to collecte them all to access at home later, and.... Oh, who am kidding? I'll never sleep again!
Maybe I should stick to the Del.icio.us "Discovery Exercise" assignment and just figure out how I could use that tool in my day to day work. I can already envision the upkeep of our "web favorites" folders becoming much easier (to have access to exactly the same updated favorites list no matter which branch I'm working in on a given day...)
Oh, but then there are all the new things I can learn by poking my head into Technorati now & then to see what the hot topics on the web are... (I have to admit, it was pretty cool to see my Flickr images come up with the "kcls27things" test search I did while playing with the tool -- although it did take me a little while to figure out how to search effectively; hooray for advanced search.)
New dilemma; should I go back and play some more, or should I actually sleep? I guess I'll content myself for now with the pride of self accomplishment that hit me when I successfully added my LibraryThing link to my blog page, and forge ahead with new things tomorrow. Plenty of time to come back and play later! OK, bring on the "wikis".
Scrapbooking Search Engine
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment