The Wiki examples were very interesting. Until now, the only wiki I had ever knowingly looked at was the biggie - Wikipedia. There are some wonderful things out there.
The conference wikis were very interesting (I wish I had attended ALA midwinter after looking through all the links & comments on that site.) With the annual conference starting this weekend, I may pop in & out of the ALA site to see who's saying what about this one.
I loved Princeton's idea of a wiki for book lovers. This would be a wonderful reader's advisory tool in our own library system. Reviews by staff and patrons alike would be very cool. LibraryThings review setup has a wiki feel too (yeah, yeah, listen to the newbie state the obvious, eh?)
It would be easy to spend a lot of time browsing through wikis like SJCLS's. There is a lot of content, but the classification scheme is very helpful - it was very simple to peek into the "cooking" information.
I can also, however, see that wikis could be very time consuming for the authors and editors who deal with content.
Scrapbooking Search Engine
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment