Scrapbooking Search Engine

Monday, June 25, 2007

YELP (aka "What I Found on in the Web 2.0 Awards)

Have you seen YELP yet? I've been having a lot of visitors and, because I've only lived here for about 6 years, I'm still learning all the things to see and do in the area. YELP (try the link above) is full of great reviews and recommendations of everything from where to eat, where to stay, where to shop, what to see and do.

There is a long list of categories to search (including automotive, medical, education, and pets) that can be helpful to visitors and residents alike. The site is connected to a mapping feature that will help users maneuver through the city.

Speaking of cities, the program provides a list of some of the top cities, or you can input your own city search. I was only able to pull up U.S. cities. I'd like to see some of the other major North American cities represented, or maybe there is a similar program out there that keys in on top travel destinations worldwide that has the same type of reviews & recommendations.

Membership is free and allows you to write your own reviews and participate in the messaging and talk features. I will likely refer back to this tool often.

No comments: